Choosing the best eCommerce platform to launch your online store can be challenging and daunting.
Making the right choice upfront is import if not critical, as changing platforms later on can be difficult, frustrating and expensive.
We review the 10 best eCommerce platforms to launch a successful online store in 2020
Where to Start?
So you have a great idea for an online store. You would like to showcase and sell your awesome range of products to the world.
To make it easier we have prepared a list of the 10 best eCommerce platforms to help you get started.
A few important points you may want to consider when choosing your eCommerce solution!
- Payment Gateways - Where am I located geographically and what payment gateways are supported on the platform for my region.
- Hosted / Self-hosted - Am I looking to self-host or would I prefer to use a hosted platform like Shopify or Wix?
- Integration - Do I use any 3rd party companies for the supply of my products such as a drop shippers like Bigbuyor Oberlo and if so does my store platform support integration to my supplier?
- Processing fees - What type of processing fees are applicable when I sell my products and how may this affect my pricing.
- SEO Friendliness - Is the platform SEO friendly, optimised for page load speed and does it use clean urls such as https://mystore.com/myproduct/ or https://mystore.com/?product=myproduct-2
- Theming - A professional store needs a professional image, what type of themes are available free on the platform or will I need to purchase a theme?
- Apps - To make a store great you need features, what type of features are supported as standard and will I need to purchase additional features?
- Experience - What is my level of experience and will I need support setting up my store, installing themes, apps, payment gateways and customisation.
- Bulk uploads - Do I have a lot of products to list and does the platform support integration and or bulk uploads as standard or will I need an App for this?
- Blog - Does the eCommerce platform support a professional blogging CMS, I will need this to drive additional traffic to my site?
- Analytics - Being able to see what is happening is very important. What type of analytics does the platform offer, is it just google or does it support integration to other analytic services and systems.
To help you on your way to choose the best solution for your online store we have separated the eCommerce platforms into - Hosted and Self-hosted.
Please note: self-hosted stores require a little more effort to install, setup and manage. If you would just like to get going without the hassle we would recommend hosted.